Total number of valid votes cast: 189,965
Valid turnout: 41.4
Postal votes included in count: 41,636
Proxy votes issued: 257
Table of detailed results
|Party||Number of votes won||Percentage of votes won||Number of seats won||Elected members|
|British National Party||8940||4.7|
|Conservative and Unionist Party||37936||20.0||1||William Graham|
|Liberal Democrats||20947||11.0||1||Michael German|
|Plaid Cymru - Party of Wales||25915||13.6||2||Jocelyn Davies, Mohammad Asghar
|Communist Party of Britain||979||0.5|
|Christian Peoples Alliance||489||0.3|
|Socialist Labour Party||3593||1.9|
|United Kingdom Independence Party||8725||4.6|
|Welsh Christian Party||2498||1.3|
|English Democrats Party||1655||0.9|
See results for your constituency
See results for your region
- Electorate: The number of electors eligible to vote at this election.
- Valid votes: The total number of valid votes cast.
- Postal votes: The total number of postal votes which went forward to the count after postal ballot verification.
- Proxy votes: The total number of electors who appointed proxies to vote on their behalf.
- Rejected ballot papers: The number of ballot papers which was declared invalid for one or more of the following reasons:
- the ballot paper did not contain the official mark
- where the voter had voted for more than the specified number of candidates
- where the ballot paper contained writing or a mark by which the voter could be identified
- where the ballot paper was unmarked or where it was unclear what the voter had intended