Total number of valid votes cast: 163,127
Valid turnout: 40.1
Postal votes included in count: 40,902
Proxy votes issued: 333
Table of detailed results
|Party||Number of votes won||Percentage of votes won||Number of seats won||Elected members|
|British National Party||8993||5.5|
|Conservative and Unionist Party||26199||16.1||1||Alun Cairns|
|Liberal Democrats||20226||12.4||1||Peter Black|
|Plaid Cymru - Party of Wales||28819||17.7||2||Bethan Jenkins, David Lloyd
|Communist Party of Britain||546||0.3|
|Christian Peoples Alliance||393||0.2|
|Socialist Labour Party||2367||1.5|
|United Kingdom Independence Party||5914||3.6|
|Welsh Christian Party||1685||1.0|
|Respect - The Unity Coalition||713||0.4|
|Independent - James||1186||0.7|
|Independent - Jenkins||582||0.4|
See results for your constituency
See results for your region
- Electorate: The number of electors eligible to vote at this election.
- Valid votes: The total number of valid votes cast.
- Postal votes: The total number of postal votes which went forward to the count after postal ballot verification.
- Proxy votes: The total number of electors who appointed proxies to vote on their behalf.
- Rejected ballot papers: The number of ballot papers which was declared invalid for one or more of the following reasons:
- the ballot paper did not contain the official mark
- where the voter had voted for more than the specified number of candidates
- where the ballot paper contained writing or a mark by which the voter could be identified
- where the ballot paper was unmarked or where it was unclear what the voter had intended