Total valid votes: 2,334,858
Number of postal votes cast: 532,518
Number of proxy votes cast: 7,424
Number of rejected votes: 17,724
Table of detailed results
|Party / description||Total number of votes cast||Percentage of votes cast||Number of seats won||Elected members|
|British National Party||101,769||4.4|
|Conservative Party||812,288||34.8||4||Daniel Hannan, Richard Ashworth, Niranjan Deva, James Elles|
|Green Party||271,506||11.6||1||Caroline Lucas|
|Labour Party||192,592||8.2||1||Peter Skinner|
|Liberal Democrats||330,340||14.1||2||Sharon Bowles, Catherine Bearder|
|No2EU: Yes to Democracy||21,455||0.9|
|Pro Democracy: Libertas.eu||16,767||0.7|
|UK Independence Party||440,002||18.8||2||Nigel Farage, Marta Andreasen|
See results for your constituency
- Electorate: The number of electors eligible to vote at this election.
- Valid votes: The total number of valid votes cast.
- Postal votes counted: The total number of postal votes which went forward to the count after postal ballot verification.
- Proxies issued: The total number of electors who appointed proxies to vote on their behalf.
- Rejected ballot: The number of ballot papers which was declared invalid for one or more of the following reasons:
- the ballot paper did not contain the official mark
- where the voter had voted for more than the specified number of candidates
- where the ballot paper contained writing or a mark by which the voter could be identified
- where the ballot paper was unmarked or where it was unclear what the voter had intended
- (A ballot paper may also be rejected in part).