Total valid votes: 1,413,036
Number of postal votes cast: 296,833
Number of proxy votes cast: 3,453
Number of rejected votes: 9,206
Table of detailed results
|Party / description||Total number of votes cast||Percentage of votes cast||Number of seats won||Elected members|
|British National Party||121,967||8.6|
|Conservative Party||396,847||28.1||2||Philip Bradbourn, Malcolm Harbour|
|Labour Party||240,201||17.0||1||Michael Cashman|
|Liberal Democrats||170,246||12.0||1||Liz Lynne|
|No2EU: Yes to Democracy||13,415||0.9|
|Pro Democracy: Libertas.eu||6,961||0.5|
|UK Independence Party||300,471||21.3||2||Mike Nattrass, Nikki Sinclaire|
See results for your constituency
- Electorate: The number of electors eligible to vote at this election.
- Valid votes: The total number of valid votes cast.
- Postal votes counted: The total number of postal votes which went forward to the count after postal ballot verification.
- Proxies issued: The total number of electors who appointed proxies to vote on their behalf.
- Rejected ballot: The number of ballot papers which was declared invalid for one or more of the following reasons:
- the ballot paper did not contain the official mark
- where the voter had voted for more than the specified number of candidates
- where the ballot paper contained writing or a mark by which the voter could be identified
- where the ballot paper was unmarked or where it was unclear what the voter had intended
- (A ballot paper may also be rejected in part).