Winning candidate: D.R. Lidington
Total number of votes cast: 51,458
Adjusted turnout: 63.3
Number of postal votes cast: 6,987
Number of proxy votes cast: 103
Number of rejected votes: 243
Parliamentary seats won
- D.R. Lidington, Conservative (49.1%)
- P.M. Jones, Liberal Democrat (27.6%)
- M. Khaliel, Labour (18.5%)
- C.M. Adams, UK Independence Party (4.8%)
Table of detailed results
|Candidate surname||Candidate initials||Party / description||Votes (no)||Percentage of votes won|
|Adams||C.M.||UK Independence Party||2,479||4.8|
See results for your constituency
- Electorate: The number of electors eligible to vote at this election.
- Valid votes: The total number of valid votes cast.
- Postal votes counted: The total number of postal votes which went forward to the count after postal ballot verification.
- Proxies issued: The total number of electors who appointed proxies to vote on their behalf.
- Rejected ballot: The number of ballot papers which was declared invalid for one or more of the following reasons:
- the ballot paper did not contain the official mark
- where the voter had voted for more than the specified number of candidates
- where the ballot paper contained writing or a mark by which the voter could be identified
- where the ballot paper was unmarked or where it was unclear what the voter had intended
- (A ballot paper may also be rejected in part).