Winning candidate: M.H. Wicks
Total number of votes cast: 43,877
Adjusted turnout: 52.5
Number of postal votes cast: 4,965
Number of proxy votes cast: 93
Number of rejected votes: 121
Parliamentary seats won
- M.H. Wicks, Labour (53.7%)
- T.M. Ahmad, Conservative (22%)
- A.J. Gee-Turner, Liberal Democrat (17.3%)
- S. Khan, Green (2.8%)
- C.H. Pearce, UK Independence Party (1.8%)
- P.C. Gibson, Croydon Pensions Alliance (0.9%)
- W.T. McKenzie, Veritas (0.7%)
- F. Rasheed, Independent (0.4%)
- M.T. Chambers, The People's Choice! Exclusively For All (0.3%)
Table of detailed results
|Candidate surname||Candidate initials||Party / description||Votes (no)||Percentage of votes won|
|Pearce||C.H.||UK Independence Party||770||1.8|
|Gibson||P.C.||Croydon Pensions Alliance||394||0.9|
|Chambers||M.T.||The People's Choice! Exclusively For All||132||0.3|
See results for your constituency
- Electorate: The number of electors eligible to vote at this election.
- Valid votes: The total number of valid votes cast.
- Postal votes counted: The total number of postal votes which went forward to the count after postal ballot verification.
- Proxies issued: The total number of electors who appointed proxies to vote on their behalf.
- Rejected ballot: The number of ballot papers which was declared invalid for one or more of the following reasons:
- the ballot paper did not contain the official mark
- where the voter had voted for more than the specified number of candidates
- where the ballot paper contained writing or a mark by which the voter could be identified
- where the ballot paper was unmarked or where it was unclear what the voter had intended
- (A ballot paper may also be rejected in part).