Winning candidate: M.J. Salter
Total number of votes cast: 42,229
Adjusted turnout: 61.1
Number of postal votes cast: 6,581
Number of proxy votes cast: 111
Number of rejected votes: 61
Parliamentary seats won
- M.J. Salter, Labour (44.9%)
- E.K. Cameron, Conservative (33.8%)
- D.A. Gaines, Liberal Democrat (15.8%)
- P.H. Williams, UK Independence Party (2.8%)
- A. Windisch, Green (2.2%)
- D.J. Boyle, Veritas (0.6%)
Table of detailed results
|Candidate surname||Candidate initials||Party / description||Votes (no)||Percentage of votes won|
|Williams||P.H.||UK Independence Party||1,180||2.8|
See results for your constituency
- Electorate: The number of electors eligible to vote at this election.
- Valid votes: The total number of valid votes cast.
- Postal votes counted: The total number of postal votes which went forward to the count after postal ballot verification.
- Proxies issued: The total number of electors who appointed proxies to vote on their behalf.
- Rejected ballot: The number of ballot papers which was declared invalid for one or more of the following reasons:
- the ballot paper did not contain the official mark
- where the voter had voted for more than the specified number of candidates
- where the ballot paper contained writing or a mark by which the voter could be identified
- where the ballot paper was unmarked or where it was unclear what the voter had intended
- (A ballot paper may also be rejected in part).