Mayoral elections in England
On this page you can find out about the mayoral elections taking place in England on Thursday 4 May 2017.
Here you can find information for:
The deadline to register to vote at mayoral elections in England on Thursday 4 May has now passed.
Where are mayoral elections taking place?
Combined area mayoral elections are taking place in the following areas:
- Cambridgeshire and Peterborough
- Greater Manchester
- Liverpool City Region
- Tees Valley
- West Midlands
- West of England
Mayoral elections are also taking place in Doncaster and North Tyneside.
Candidates and agents
- the qualifications and disqualifications for standing for election
- how to stand for election
- how much you can spend
- the rules on candidate spending
- the rules on donations
- campaigning dos and don'ts
- what you can expect to see at a number of electoral proceedings
- what happens after the elections
Different guidance is available depending on what type of election you are standing at.
- the role and responsibilities of the Returning Officer
- planning and organisation
- administering the poll
- administering absent voting
- verifying and counting the votes
- what happens after the election
Our guidance for administrators covers both local government elections and mayoral elections.