You will find information on this page to help regulated individuals comply with the rules on donations and loans.
We regulate the members of registered parties (including prospective candidates) and holders of relevant elective office, who are
- Members of the UK Parliament
- Members of the European Parliament representing the UK
- Members of the Scottish Parliament
- Members of the National Assembly for Wales
- Members of the Northern Ireland Assembly
- Members of any local authority in the UK (excluding parish or community councils), including the London Assembly
- Mayor of London and any other elected Mayor.
These people belong to a category of regulated individuals and organisations known as 'regulated donees'. To see background information on regulated donees see the legislation on regulated donees page.
Go to information on donation and loan reporting for:
Donations and loans reporting
For guidance on receiving donations and entering into loans please see Donations and loans to Members of Parliament: a brief guide to permissible sources and reporting (PDF).
For donations and loans accepted after 1 January 2010 please check the permissibility of any donations and loans that are worth more than £500 and report any impermissible donations to us. Please also report any donations or loans to us that are worth more than £1,500.
We provide different forms and guidance for regulated donees who are associated with political parties registered on the Great Britain and the Northern Ireland registers. Please ensure you use the the correct forms and guidance. We provide:
- Donations and loans: guidance for regulated donees in Great Britain (PDF)
- Donations and loans: guidance for regulated donees and regulated participants in Northern Ireland (PDF)
What do you want to do?
Forms that you need
|Report a donation or a visit||Explanatory notes on completing an RD1F (PDF)|
|Report an impermissible donation|
|Report a loan, credit facility, guarantee or security|
|Report an impermissible loan, credit facility, guarantee or security|
|Notify us of an appointment of a compliance officer|