We regulate the finances of political parties and maintain the registers of political parties in Great Britain and Northern Ireland. We provide guidance for political parties to help them to comply with the law. You can find links to all the guidance and forms you need on this page.
Key dates for 2013
Below you can find the dates of important submission deadlines for political parties in 2013.
- Download a printable calendar (PDF)
- Download the reporting dates and import into your Outlook calendar (iCalendar)
- Download the instructions on how to import the dates into your Outlook calendar (PDF)
|30 January||Deadline for submitting Quarter 4 (1 October 2012 - 31 December 2012) loans and donations reports|
|30 April||Deadline for submitting Quarter 1 (1 Jan 2013 - 31 March 2013) loans and donations reports|
|Statement of accounts for year end 31 December 2012 due (for parties with income and expenditure of £250k or below)|
|Confirmation of party details (form RP8) and renewal fee (£25) due|
|7 July||Statement of accounts for year end 31 December 2012 due (for parties with income or expenditure over £250k)|
|30 July||Deadline for submitting Quarter 2 (1 April 2013 - 30 June 2013) loans and donations reports|
|30 October||Deadline for submitting Quarter 3 (1 July 2013 - 30 September 2013) loans and donations reports|
Guidance and forms
- How to register a party or maintain your party's details
- Reporting donations and loans in GB
- Reporting donations and loans in Northern Ireland
- Submitting your party's accounts
- Reporting campaign spending
Want to register a party or maintain your party online?
On PEF Online it is possible to renew your registered details, submit statutory returns and make changes to your party’s registration without using paper forms. You can also register a new party and pay the annual registration fee online.