Results for Bedfordshire Mid Show national results
Winning candidate: N.V. Dorries
Total number of votes cast: 50,420
Adjusted turnout: 68.6
Number of postal votes cast: 7,778
Number of proxy votes cast: 101
Number of rejected votes: 208
Parliamentary seats won
- N.V. Dorries, Conservative (46.3%)
- M.R. Chapman, Liberal Democrat (23.8%)
- M. Lindsay, Labour (22.5%)
- R.H. Joselyn, UK Independence Party (2.7%)
- N.B. Foley, Green (2.6%)
- H. Martin, Veritas (1.5%)
- S.I. Ali, Independent (0.6%)
Table of detailed results
|Candidate surname||Candidate initials||Party / description||Votes (no)||Percentage of votes won|
|Joselyn||R.H.||UK Independence Party||1,372||2.7|
- Electorate: The number of electors eligible to vote at this election.
- Valid votes: The total number of valid votes cast.
- Postal votes counted: The total number of postal votes which went forward to the count after postal ballot verification.
- Proxies issued: The total number of electors who appointed proxies to vote on their behalf.
- Rejected ballot: The number of ballot papers which was declared invalid for one or more of the following reasons:
- the ballot paper did not contain the official mark
- where the voter had voted for more than the specified number of candidates
- where the ballot paper contained writing or a mark by which the voter could be identified
- where the ballot paper was unmarked or where it was unclear what the voter had intended
- (A ballot paper may also be rejected in part).