Results for Corby Show national results
Winning candidate: P.I. Hope
Total number of votes cast: 48,527
Adjusted turnout: 65.6
Number of postal votes cast: 8,702
Number of proxy votes cast: 153
Number of rejected votes: 206
Parliamentary seats won
- P.I. Hope, Labour (43.1%)
- A.J. Griffith, Conservative (40%)
- D.S. Radcliffe, Liberal Democrat (12.7%)
- I.F. Gillman, UK Independence Party (2.6%)
- S.R. Carey, Socialist Labour Party (1%)
- J.E. Morris, Independent (0.5%)
Table of detailed results
|Candidate surname||Candidate initials||Party / description||Votes (no)||Percentage of votes won|
|Gillman||I.F.||UK Independence Party||1,278||2.6|
|Carey||S.R.||Socialist Labour Party||499||1|
- Electorate: The number of electors eligible to vote at this election.
- Valid votes: The total number of valid votes cast.
- Postal votes counted: The total number of postal votes which went forward to the count after postal ballot verification.
- Proxies issued: The total number of electors who appointed proxies to vote on their behalf.
- Rejected ballot: The number of ballot papers which was declared invalid for one or more of the following reasons:
- the ballot paper did not contain the official mark
- where the voter had voted for more than the specified number of candidates
- where the ballot paper contained writing or a mark by which the voter could be identified
- where the ballot paper was unmarked or where it was unclear what the voter had intended
- (A ballot paper may also be rejected in part).