Results for Croydon South Show national results
Winning candidate: R.G.J. Ottaway
Total number of votes cast: 48,897
Adjusted turnout: 64.5
Number of postal votes cast: 7,336
Number of proxy votes cast: 168
Number of rejected votes: 627
Parliamentary seats won
- R.G.J. Ottaway, Conservative (51.8%)
- P.J. Smith, Labour (24.1%)
- S.J. Lawman, Liberal Democrat (20.6%)
- J.R. Feisenberger, UK Independence Party (2.2%)
- G.T. Dare, Veritas (1%)
- M.R.L. Samuel, The People's Choice! Exclusively For All (0.4%)
Table of detailed results
|Candidate surname||Candidate initials||Party / description||Votes (no)||Percentage of votes won|
|Feisenberger||J.R.||UK Independence Party||1,054||2.2|
|Samuel||M.R.L.||The People's Choice! Exclusively For All||185||0.4|
- Electorate: The number of electors eligible to vote at this election.
- Valid votes: The total number of valid votes cast.
- Postal votes counted: The total number of postal votes which went forward to the count after postal ballot verification.
- Proxies issued: The total number of electors who appointed proxies to vote on their behalf.
- Rejected ballot: The number of ballot papers which was declared invalid for one or more of the following reasons:
- the ballot paper did not contain the official mark
- where the voter had voted for more than the specified number of candidates
- where the ballot paper contained writing or a mark by which the voter could be identified
- where the ballot paper was unmarked or where it was unclear what the voter had intended
- (A ballot paper may also be rejected in part).