Results for Edinburgh West Show national results
Winning candidate: J.A. Barrett
Total number of votes cast: 45,265
Adjusted turnout: 68.3
Number of postal votes cast: 6,098
Number of proxy votes cast: 172
Number of rejected votes: 54
Parliamentary seats won
- J.A. Barrett, Liberal Democrat (49.5%)
- D.A. Brogan, Conservative (19.5%)
- N.S. Ghaleigh, Labour (18.6%)
- S.M. Cleland, SNP (9.1%)
- A. Spindler, Green (2.1%)
- G.P. Clark, Scottish Socialist Party (1.1%)
Table of detailed results
|Candidate surname||Candidate initials||Party / description||Votes (no)||Percentage of votes won|
|Clark||G.P.||Scottish Socialist Party||510||1.1|
- Electorate: The number of electors eligible to vote at this election.
- Valid votes: The total number of valid votes cast.
- Postal votes counted: The total number of postal votes which went forward to the count after postal ballot verification.
- Proxies issued: The total number of electors who appointed proxies to vote on their behalf.
- Rejected ballot: The number of ballot papers which was declared invalid for one or more of the following reasons:
- the ballot paper did not contain the official mark
- where the voter had voted for more than the specified number of candidates
- where the ballot paper contained writing or a mark by which the voter could be identified
- where the ballot paper was unmarked or where it was unclear what the voter had intended
- (A ballot paper may also be rejected in part).