Results for Solihull Show national results
Winning candidate: L.J. Burt
Total number of votes cast: 52,313
Adjusted turnout: 68
Number of postal votes cast: 5,624
Number of proxy votes cast: 158
Number of rejected votes: 108
Parliamentary seats won
- L.J. Burt, Liberal Democrat (39.9%)
- J.M. Taylor, Conservative (39.4%)
- R.J. Vaughan, Labour (15.4%)
- D.M. Carr, British National Party (3.3%)
- A. Moore, UK Independence Party (1.9%)
Table of detailed results
|Candidate surname||Candidate initials||Party / description||Votes (no)||Percentage of votes won|
|Carr||D.M.||British National Party||1,752||3.3|
|Moore||A.||UK Independence Party||990||1.9|
- Electorate: The number of electors eligible to vote at this election.
- Valid votes: The total number of valid votes cast.
- Postal votes counted: The total number of postal votes which went forward to the count after postal ballot verification.
- Proxies issued: The total number of electors who appointed proxies to vote on their behalf.
- Rejected ballot: The number of ballot papers which was declared invalid for one or more of the following reasons:
- the ballot paper did not contain the official mark
- where the voter had voted for more than the specified number of candidates
- where the ballot paper contained writing or a mark by which the voter could be identified
- where the ballot paper was unmarked or where it was unclear what the voter had intended
- (A ballot paper may also be rejected in part).