Results for Tatton Show national results
Winning candidate: G.G.O. Osborne
Total number of votes cast: 41,414
Adjusted turnout: 64.6
Number of postal votes cast: 6,974
Number of proxy votes cast: 126
Number of rejected votes: 175
Parliamentary seats won
- G.G.O. Osborne, Conservative (51.8%)
- J.P.R. Madders, Labour (23.5%)
- W.J.A. Arnold, Liberal Democrat (21.8%)
- D.C. Bowler, UK Independence Party (2.4%)
- M.G. Gibson, (0.6%)
Table of detailed results
|Candidate surname||Candidate initials||Party / description||Votes (no)||Percentage of votes won|
|Bowler||D.C.||UK Independence Party||996||2.4|
- Electorate: The number of electors eligible to vote at this election.
- Valid votes: The total number of valid votes cast.
- Postal votes counted: The total number of postal votes which went forward to the count after postal ballot verification.
- Proxies issued: The total number of electors who appointed proxies to vote on their behalf.
- Rejected ballot: The number of ballot papers which was declared invalid for one or more of the following reasons:
- the ballot paper did not contain the official mark
- where the voter had voted for more than the specified number of candidates
- where the ballot paper contained writing or a mark by which the voter could be identified
- where the ballot paper was unmarked or where it was unclear what the voter had intended
- (A ballot paper may also be rejected in part).