Cardiff South & Penarth
Results for Cardiff South & Penarth Show national results
Winning candidate: Alun Edward Michael
Total number of votes cast: 44,843
Adjusted turnout: 60.2
Number of postal votes cast: 10,806
Number of proxy votes cast: 88
Number of rejected votes: 98
- A.E. Michael, Labour Party (38.9%)
- S. Hoare, Conservative Party (28.3%)
- D.J. Hannigan, Liberal Democrat (22.3%)
- F.T. Aslam, Plaid Cymru (4.2%)
- S.C.D. Zeigler, United Kingdom Independence Party (2.6%)
- G. Burke, Independent (1.5%)
- M.J. Townsend, Green Party (1.2%)
- C.S. Bate, Christian Party (0.6%)
- R.D. Griffiths, Communist Party of Britain (0.4%)
Table of detailed results
|Candidate surname||Candidate initials||Party / description||Votes (no)||Percentage of votes won|
|Zeigler||S.C.D.||United Kingdom Independence Party||1,145||2.6|
|Griffiths||R.D.||Communist Party of Britain||196||0.4|
- Electorate: The number of electors eligible to vote at this election.
- Valid votes: The total number of valid votes cast.
- Postal votes counted: The total number of postal votes which went forward to the count after postal ballot verification.
- Proxies issued: The total number of electors who appointed proxies to vote on their behalf.
- Rejected ballot: The number of ballot papers which was declared invalid for one or more of the following reasons:
- the ballot paper did not contain the official mark
- where the voter had voted for more than the specified number of candidates
- where the ballot paper contained writing or a mark by which the voter could be identified
- where the ballot paper was unmarked or where it was unclear what the voter had intended
- (A ballot paper may also be rejected in part).