Results for Nottingham East Show national results
Winning candidate: Christopher Michael Leslie
Total number of votes cast: 33,580
Adjusted turnout: 56.4
Number of postal votes cast: 7,629
Number of proxy votes cast: 162
Number of rejected votes: 133
- C.M. Leslie, Labour Party (45.4%)
- S.J. Boote, Liberal Democrat (24.3%)
- A.E. Lamont, Conservative Party (23.7%)
- P.A. Wolfe, United Kingdom Independence Party (3.4%)
- B.R. Hoare, Green Party (2.8%)
- P.A. Sardar, Christian Party (0.4%)
Table of detailed results
|Candidate surname||Candidate initials||Party / description||Votes (no)||Percentage of votes won|
|Wolfe||P.A.||United Kingdom Independence Party||1,138||3.4|
- Electorate: The number of electors eligible to vote at this election.
- Valid votes: The total number of valid votes cast.
- Postal votes counted: The total number of postal votes which went forward to the count after postal ballot verification.
- Proxies issued: The total number of electors who appointed proxies to vote on their behalf.
- Rejected ballot: The number of ballot papers which was declared invalid for one or more of the following reasons:
- the ballot paper did not contain the official mark
- where the voter had voted for more than the specified number of candidates
- where the ballot paper contained writing or a mark by which the voter could be identified
- where the ballot paper was unmarked or where it was unclear what the voter had intended
- (A ballot paper may also be rejected in part).