Results for Nottingham South Show national results
Winning candidate: Lilian Rachel Greenwood
Total number of votes cast: 41,261
Adjusted turnout: 60.48
Number of postal votes cast: 9,465
Number of proxy votes cast: 211
Number of rejected votes: 68
- L.R. Greenwood, Labour Party (37.3%)
- R.E. Holland, Conservative Party (32.9%)
- T.B. Sutton, Liberal Democrat (23.1%)
- A.R. Woodward, British National Party (2.8%)
- J.K. Browne, United Kingdom Independence Party (2.4%)
- M. Butcher, Green Party (1.5%)
Table of detailed results
|Candidate surname||Candidate initials||Party / description||Votes (no)||Percentage of votes won|
|Woodward||A.R.||British National Party||1,140||2.8|
|Browne||J.K.||United Kingdom Independence Party||967||2.4|
- Electorate: The number of electors eligible to vote at this election.
- Valid votes: The total number of valid votes cast.
- Postal votes counted: The total number of postal votes which went forward to the count after postal ballot verification.
- Proxies issued: The total number of electors who appointed proxies to vote on their behalf.
- Rejected ballot: The number of ballot papers which was declared invalid for one or more of the following reasons:
- the ballot paper did not contain the official mark
- where the voter had voted for more than the specified number of candidates
- where the ballot paper contained writing or a mark by which the voter could be identified
- where the ballot paper was unmarked or where it was unclear what the voter had intended
- (A ballot paper may also be rejected in part).