Results for Reading East Show national results
Winning candidate: Robert Wilson
Total number of votes cast: 50,511
Adjusted turnout: 66.71
Number of postal votes cast: 9,296
Number of proxy votes cast: 59
Number of rejected votes: 118
- R. Wilson, Conservative Party (42.6%)
- G.D. Epps, Liberal Democrat (27.3%)
- A.J. Dodds, Labour Party (25.5%)
- A.B.W. Pitfield, United Kingdom Independence Party (2.2%)
- R.J. White, Green Party (2.1%)
- J.R. Lloyd, Independent (0.2%)
- M.J. Turberville, Independent (0.1%)
Table of detailed results
|Candidate surname||Candidate initials||Party / description||Votes (no)||Percentage of votes won|
|Pitfield||A.B.W.||United Kingdom Independence Party||1,086||2.2|
- Electorate: The number of electors eligible to vote at this election.
- Valid votes: The total number of valid votes cast.
- Postal votes counted: The total number of postal votes which went forward to the count after postal ballot verification.
- Proxies issued: The total number of electors who appointed proxies to vote on their behalf.
- Rejected ballot: The number of ballot papers which was declared invalid for one or more of the following reasons:
- the ballot paper did not contain the official mark
- where the voter had voted for more than the specified number of candidates
- where the ballot paper contained writing or a mark by which the voter could be identified
- where the ballot paper was unmarked or where it was unclear what the voter had intended
- (A ballot paper may also be rejected in part).