Results for Wakefield Show national results
Winning candidate: Mary Helen Creagh
Total number of votes cast: 44,920
Adjusted turnout: 62.76
Number of postal votes cast: 10,155
Number of proxy votes cast: 199
Number of rejected votes: 94
- M.H. Creagh, Labour Party (39.3%)
- A. Story, Conservative Party (35.6%)
- D.S. Smith, Liberal Democrat (16.3%)
- I. Senior, British National Party (5.8%)
- M. Hawkins, Green Party (2.0%)
- M. Harrop, Independent (1.0%)
Table of detailed results
|Candidate surname||Candidate initials||Party / description||Votes (no)||Percentage of votes won|
|Senior||I.||British National Party||2,581||5.8|
- Electorate: The number of electors eligible to vote at this election.
- Valid votes: The total number of valid votes cast.
- Postal votes counted: The total number of postal votes which went forward to the count after postal ballot verification.
- Proxies issued: The total number of electors who appointed proxies to vote on their behalf.
- Rejected ballot: The number of ballot papers which was declared invalid for one or more of the following reasons:
- the ballot paper did not contain the official mark
- where the voter had voted for more than the specified number of candidates
- where the ballot paper contained writing or a mark by which the voter could be identified
- where the ballot paper was unmarked or where it was unclear what the voter had intended
- (A ballot paper may also be rejected in part).