Results for Wantage Show national results
Winning candidate: Ed Vaizey
Total number of votes cast: 56,636
Adjusted turnout: 70.03
Number of postal votes cast: 7,151
Number of proxy votes cast: 486
Number of rejected votes: 120
- E. Vaizey, Conservative Party (52.0%)
- A.E. Armitage, Liberal Democrat (27.9%)
- S.P. Mitchell, Labour Party (13.9%)
- J.A.C. Jones, United Kingdom Independence Party (4.3%)
- A. Twine, Green Party (1.9%)
Table of detailed results
|Candidate surname||Candidate initials||Party / description||Votes (no)||Percentage of votes won|
|Jones||J.A.C.||United Kingdom Independence Party||2,421||4.3|
- Electorate: The number of electors eligible to vote at this election.
- Valid votes: The total number of valid votes cast.
- Postal votes counted: The total number of postal votes which went forward to the count after postal ballot verification.
- Proxies issued: The total number of electors who appointed proxies to vote on their behalf.
- Rejected ballot: The number of ballot papers which was declared invalid for one or more of the following reasons:
- the ballot paper did not contain the official mark
- where the voter had voted for more than the specified number of candidates
- where the ballot paper contained writing or a mark by which the voter could be identified
- where the ballot paper was unmarked or where it was unclear what the voter had intended
- (A ballot paper may also be rejected in part).