Polling stations for local government elections that took place on Thursday 4 May are now closed.
Candidates and agents
We issue full guidance to individuals planning to stand at local government elections and their election agents. This guidance covers:
- the qualifications and disqualifications for standing for election
- how to stand for election
- how much you can spend
- the rules on candidate spending
- the rules on donations
- campaigning dos and don'ts
- what you can expect to see at a number of electoral proceedings
- what happens after the elections
Read our guidance for candidates and agents at local elections in Wales
If you have any questions about the non-financial aspects of our guidance, please contact your local Commission office.
If your question is about spending or donations, please contact us on 0333 103 1928 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our guidance for those running local government elections in Wales covers:
- the role and responsibilities of the Returning Officer
- planning and organisation
- administering the poll
- administering absent voting
- verifying and counting the votes
- what happens after the election
View our guidance for electoral administrators running local elections in Wales
If you have any questions about the guidance, contact your local Commission office.