UK general election 2017
On this page you can find out about the UK Parliamentary general election that took place Thursday 8 June 2017.
Here you can find information for:
UK general election
Results of the UK Parliamentary election are available from the BBC.
Candidates and agents
We provide full guidance to individuals standing at the UK general election and their election agents. This guidance covers:
- the qualifications and disqualifications for standing for election
- how to stand for election
- how much you can spend
- the rules on candidate spending
- the rules on donations
- campaigning dos and don'ts
- what you can expect to see at a number of electoral proceedings
- what happens after the elections
If you have any questions about the non-financial aspects of our guidance, please contact your local Commission office.
If your question is about spending or donations, please contact us on 0333 103 1928 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our guidance for administrators covers:
- the role and responsibilities of the Returning Officer
- planning and organisation
- administering the poll
- administering absent voting
- verifying and counting the votes
- what happens after the election
If you have any questions about the guidance, contact your local Commission office.