IER confirmation live run results by constituency
On this page, you can see the results of the 2014 Individual Electoral Registration (IER) Confirmation Live Run (CLR).
Confirmation is the first stage in the transition to IER and involves matching existing electors’ details against the Department for Work and Pensions’ (DWP) database. EROs also have the discretion to conduct further matching against data held by local authorities - Local Data Matching (LDM)
In matching against the DWP database, each register entry is marked green (if it matches exactly or strongly), amber (if it matches partially) or red (if it fails to match).
At the second stage, where entries are matched against data held by local authorities, each entry is categorised as either green (confirmed) or red (not confirmed).
It has not been possible to determine reliably, for each ERO’s area, whether electoral register entries which were carried forward as a result of non-response to the previous canvass have been included in the headline figures of those matched/confirmed.
Some constituency and ward-level match rates may therefore include carried forward records while others will not.
Carried forward entries cannot by law be automatically transferred onto the new Individual Electoral Registration (IER) registers even if they have been matched as there is an increased risk of their entry being out-of-date. They can, however, be confirmed if the name is subsequently included on a returned household enquiry form (HEF).
- You can use the map below to view the match rate for a particular constituency or ward
- The map shows the match rate across Great Britain. Constituencies with a higher match rate are shown in dark green, and those with the lowest match rate are shown in red
- Select whether you want to see the results at the DWP stage or the LDM stage
- Select name of the constituency you want to view from the drop-down list. This will zoom into that constituency on the map and show you the data matching results for the wards in that constituency
- You can also click on the map to select a constituency and filter for the wards in that area
- Hover over the ward results or a constituency on the map to see a breakdown of the numbers for that area
Download the data
This map is based on ward level data. Where, as a result of boundary changes since 2010, a ward has been attributed by the Office for National Statistics (ONS) to more than one constituency the data has been counted twice.
The City of London submitted polling district data. This has been mapped against the Cities of London and Westminster constituency.
Data for Ynys Mon is based on town/community council ward data submitted by Isle of Anglesey County Council.
Data for Powys and Gwynedd cannot be mapped against the UK Parliamentary constituencies of Montgomeryshire, Brecon and Radnorshire, and Dwyfor Meirionnydd.
South Oxfordshire and Allerdale have not submitted full ward data, so their results cannot be mapped against UK Parliamentary constituencies.
Due to recent boundary changes, some of the data submitted by the following local authorities cannot currently be mapped against the relevant UK Parliamentary constituency:
- Kensington and Chelsea
- Milton Keynes
- Three Rivers
- Tower Hamlets