The Electoral Commission

The independent body which oversees elections and regulates political finance in the UK

Section menu

PEF Online and forms

If you intend to spend more than £10,000 campaigning during the referendum period, you must register with us as a campaigner.

As a registered campaigner, there are certain things you must report to us.

On this page you will find information about registering and reporting online. If you prefer to submit paper copies, you can also find all relevant documents for you to print and fill in.

If you are unsure about any aspect of completing the forms – either online or by hand – please read our guidance, watch our webcasts or contact us.

Registering and reporting online

We recommend that you register with us and to submit your reports online.

You do this by logging in to our PEF online database.

Login to register or submit reports online

We have produced guides for using our online system:

PEF Online: Getting started (PDF)
PEF Online user guide - Creating and submitting an EU referendum spending return (PDF)
PEF Online user guide - Creating and submitting an EU referendum donations and loans return (PDF)

Paper forms for referendum campaigners

If you do not want to register or report to us online, you can download and complete the relevant form returning it to us by post, fax or scan and email.


Registering with us


Reporting to us after the referendum

Party or campaigner