The Electoral Commission

The independent body which oversees elections and regulates political finance in the UK

Section menu

PEF Online and forms

If you intend to spend more than £20,000 in England, or £10,000 in Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland campaigning at certain elections, you must register with us as a non-party campaigner.

If you are a registered non-party campaigner, there are certain things you must report to us.

On this page you will find information about registering and reporting online. If you prefer to submit paper copies, you can also find all relevant documents for you to print and fill in.

If you are unsure about any aspect of completing the forms - either online or by hand - please make sure you have read our guidance.

View all guidance for non-party campaigners. 

Reporting online for non-party campaigners

You can register with us, report to us, and notify us that you are a lead campaigner using our secure online system. 

Login to PEF Online

Using PEF Online

Forms for non-party campaigners

Alternatively, you can download and complete the relevant form returning it to us by post, fax or scan and email.


Joint campaigning

This part covers:

forms for notifying us that you are a lead campaigner. For more information on reporting to us, see our guidance Joint campaigning for non-party campaigners.

Party or campaigner