Maintaining party details in PEF Online
Any registered party is able to maintain its party details, as well as submit returns, using PEF Online. If the officers of your party already have user accounts set up for PEF Online, please follow the instructions for the each notification below. We have created these instructions with first time users of the system in mind. Please note that these instructions do not apply to minor parties and they should contact the registration team for alternative arrangements.
If you do not have a user account set up for the system, please complete the steps below:
- If your party does not have any email accounts registered with us, please provide details of these email accounts with your parties RPP number to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please note that the RPP number is not the number that appears on your party’s entry on the register. Your RPP number is a unique reference which offers a safeguard so that we can be certain that any communications and returns between us and your party is genuine. We will have issued it to you when your party first registered.
- If your party has an email account registered with us, please contact us at email@example.com from the registered email address.
- If you would like any other party officers to be registered in the system then please let us know their email addresses too. This will be necessary if your party intends to make any changes which requires their signatures too.
- Once your account has been created, you will receive an automated email (please check junk mail) to confirm your association with the party and temporary login details. Please follow the instructions in the email to confirm your association and create a new password. You will now have access to the system and the party’s account.
You can use the following instructions to make the different types of changes to your party’s details within the PEF Online system.
- If all of your party details have not changed, then you can make your renewal. If this is not the case, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions to amend your party details.
- The party treasurer is the only officer who is able to make the renewal. They must login to PEF Online and select which party they wish to make the renewal for from the list of all of the entities that officer is registered to.
- A pink menu will appear on the left hand side of the page. From this menu, select the option to ‘Renew Registration’. Once on this page, you will be asked to confirm the details of the party are correct and accurate – please follow the options to complete this.
- From the pink menu, now select ‘View details’ and then navigate to the ‘Submit’ page, which will appear as one of the red options along the top of the page on the right hand.
- Once on this page, the option to ‘Submit application’ will appear. Please select this option – you will now be presented with options to make an online card payment. Once you have made the payment, your submission should now be complete. Please note the payment can only be made at the point of submission and you cannot come back to the payment options later.
- The Commission will contact you once this notification has been processed.
- Before you start this process, we advise that you have the following details to hand:
- Name, home address, email address, phone number for your new officers.
- Your party treasurer or party administrator (if you have one) must login to PEF Online and select which party they wish to complete a renewal for, from the list of all of the entities that officer is registered to.
- A pink menu will appear on the left hand side of the page. From this menu, select the option ‘View details’. Once one this page, in the top right hand of the page, select the option to ‘Change details’ and then navigate to the ‘Party officers’ page, which will appear as one of the red options along the top of the page.
- On the ‘Party officers’ page will be an option to ‘Add officer’ at the bottom of the page. You will be asked to add an email address for this user and must leave box for “User does not have an email address/does not wish to be contacted by email” unticked. Please then select the option to ‘Create user’.
- You must now provide information for the following fields:
- ‘First name’
- In the section ‘Security details’ you must untick the option “Do not contact by email”.
- Beneath this will be a section for ‘Postal addresses’ where you must select the option to ‘Add address’. On this page you must provide the home address for this officer.
- Ensure that an address is selected from the drop down boxes for the sections ‘Primary address’ and ‘Correspondence address’ then select the option at the bottom of the page to ‘save’.
- Your new officers will need to confirm their association to the party. After saving the officer details, an automated email will be sent to their email address – they must follow the instructions in the email to confirm their association with the party and create login details.
- Once you have repeated this for all new officers, navigate to the ‘Officer roles’ page (you can select the ‘next’ option from the bottom right of the page). On this page next to each officer role, please select the new officer from the drop down menu.
- The application is now ready to be authorised by all officers (incoming and outgoing). You can being the process by navigating to the ‘Declarations’ page where you can authorise the application.
- You must now inform all other officers of the party that they need to login to the system and complete the authorisation process under the ‘Declarations’ page. The option ‘I authorise online’ should appear at the bottom of the page for each officer.
- You are able to see which officers have authorised on the ‘Declarations’ page. When all officers have green ticks next to their names on, it can be submitted by the treasurer. Navigate to the ‘Submit’ page and select the option to ‘Submit application’ at the bottom of the page. Your submission should now be complete.
The Commission will contact you once this notification has been processed.
- “The ‘Renew registration’ option does not appear”
- Please ensure that the treasurer is logged in to make the renewal – this option will only appear for this officer and not any other officer.
- If your party started or submitted changes before the making the renewal, the option will not be available until these changes have been processed.
- “The ‘Submit’ page shows a red cross next to the ‘Declarations’’
- You must navigate to the ‘Declarations’ page and select the options to authorise the renewal. Once this has been completed you will be able to submit the application.
- “An officer of my party has not received an email to confirm their association to the party/create login details”
- Please ensure that you have entered all of the details listed in the instructions for a new officer and have unticked the option “Do not contact by email”.
- This email will sometimes be moved to junk mail – please note that most junk mail folders will delete after a couple of days. You may need to contact the registration team for this email to be sent again. You can do this by emailing email@example.com.
- “I have made all of the changes but the system will not let me submit it”
- Please ensure that you have contacted all of your officers to authorise the application in the ‘Declarations’ page as the option to ‘Submit application’ will not appear until all officers have authorised.