It’s a common misconception that there’s nowhere to complain about online political ads. But, did you know that a range of organisations can help address any concerns?
Online political ads, know them like they know you
It’s a crime to make or publish a false statement about the personal character or conduct of a candidate, but other than that and the laws on the publication of offensive material, political parties, candidates or campaigners are not restricted in what they say in campaign materials.
But that doesn’t mean you can’t raise concerns.
- Greater London Authority election
- Local elections
- Mayoral elections
- Northern Ireland Assembly election
- Police and Crime Commissioner elections
- Scottish Parliament election
- Senedd Cymru/Welsh Parliament election
- UK Parliamentary general election
- UK wide