Online political ads, know them like they know you
Some people think the amount spent on online political ads is confidential. But, did you know we publish spending data and enforce limits on how much campaigners spend on their online and offline campaigns?
The amount of money spent on digital advertising is increasing with every election. Digital advertising spend by parties increased from 24% to 43% of advertising budgets between the UK general elections of 2015 and 2017. We aim to publish data for the 2019 UK general election in the summer 2021, and expect the percentage spent on online political ads to have increased further.
- Greater London Authority election
- Local elections
- Mayoral elections
- Northern Ireland Assembly election
- Police and Crime Commissioner elections
- Scottish Parliament election
- Senedd Cymru/Welsh Parliament election
- UK Parliamentary general election
- UK wide