Before you apply
Before you apply to be an electoral observer, you need to read:
- the Code of Practice for accredited electoral observers
- requirements of secrecy
- our privacy notice
When you complete your application, you will need to confirm that you have read and and understood all of these documents.
What you need to apply
To apply as an individual, you will need:
- your name, address and contact details
- to tell us how long you want your accreditation to last for, and where you want your badge to be delivered
- to upload a passport style photo and your identification
Your photo needs to:
- just include you
- be a headshot, so that it includes your face and shoulders
- clearly show your face, with your eyes open
- be taken against a plain background
Your identification needs to show your name and age. You can upload a copy of your:
- driving licence
- national identity card
- Northern Ireland electoral identity card
700KB is the maximum file size for the photo and ID. Anything above this cannot be processed.
You can contact us if you do not have this form of identification.
- Involved in elections
- UK wide