Previous European Parliamentary elections
On this page, you will find:
- links to detailed results of recent European Parliamentary elections
- public awareness work we carried about ahead of previous polls
- European election guidance for electoral administrators
European Parliamentary elections 2014
Elections to the European Parliament took place across the UK on Thursday 22 May 2014.
Our report on May 2014 European and local elections
Our report on the May 2014 European Parliamentary elections in the UK and local elections in England and Northern Ireland found that voter confidence was high but that there are lessons to be learned before future polls.
Nearly nine in ten voters surveyed were confident that the elections were well-run and nearly all were satisfied with their experience of voting
- Read our report on 22 May 2014 elections (PDF)
- Read our report on spending by political parties and non-party campaigners at the European Parliamentary elections (PDF)
Where to find results for the European Parliamentary elections
Results are available from the BBC.
Guidance for electoral administrators
We have produced guidance for those who ran European Parliamentary elections in 2014. This guidance includes what to do following the declaration of the result.
Our guidance includes where European Parliamentary elections were combined with local government elections.
Guidance for candidates and agents
We have produced guidance for those who stood for election and their agents on standing for election, information on how to comply with the rules on spending and donations, and what to do after the results.
- View guidance on standing at the European Parliamentary elections in Great Britain
- View guidance on standing at the European Parliamentary elections in Northern Ireland
Guidance for political parties and campaigners
We have produced guidance for political parties who contested the European Parliamentary elections in 2014 and/or are contesting the UK Parliamentary general election in 2015 on the rules on donations, spending limits, and when the rules apply.
- View campaign spending guidance for political parties at the 2014 European Parliamentary elections and/or the 2015 UK Parliamentary general election
We have also produced specific guidance for non-party campaigners at the 2014 European Parliamentary election.
Reporting on European Parliamentary elections
Following elections we publish reports on how the elections were run.