On this page, you will find:
- links to detailed results of referendums
- public awareness work we carried about ahead of previous referendums
Results of referendums
You can view the national results and results broken down by voting area:
- 2016 referendum on the UK's membership of the EU
- 2011 UK referendum on the voting system used to elect MPs
- 2011 referendum on the law-making powers of the National Assembly for Wales
Reporting on referendums
Following referendums we publish reports on how the referendums were run.
- Read our report on the 2014 Scottish Independence Referendum (PDF)
- Read our report on how the 2011 referendum on the UK Parliamentary voting system was run (PDF)
- Read our report on how the 2011 referendum on law-making powers of the National Assembly for Wales (PDF)
Cost of 2011 referendum on UK Parliamentary voting system
In 2012 we published a report on the costs of running the 2011 referendum on the UK Parliamentary voting system. This is the first report on the costs of running a national poll
- Read our report on the costs of the 2011 UK Parliamentary voting system referendum (PDF)
- Read our press release
May 2011 campaign spending report
Analysis of campaign spending in the referendum on the UK Parliamentary voting system, and the elections to the Scottish Parliament, National Assembly for Wales and Northern Ireland Assembly.
Referendum question assessments
We are required to assess proposed questions for UK-wide, national and regional referendums. We carry out research to help make sure that voters can understand both the question and how to answer it.