Participation resources for local authorities
On this page you will find resources to support your public awareness work on encouraging voter registration and providing information on elections.
These resources – for use by electoral administrators and communication teams – include advertising templates, press releases and practical materials to encourage public participation in the electoral process.
If you have any queries, please email email@example.com.
Promoting voter registration
Here you will find general resources for promoting voter registration. These include templates for posters, information leaflets and guidance on how to register to vote.
National Voter Registration Day - 5 February
- Template NVRD press release for local authorities in England (DOC)
- Template NVRD press release for local authorities in Wales (DOC)
- Template NVRD press release for local authorities in Wales - Welsh version (DOC)
- NVRD suggested blog - English and Welsh (DOC)
- Social media – Facebook and Twitter – posts for NVRD (includes Welsh translated posts)
Providing voter information
Here you will find general resources for providing information on voting and election processes.
Voter materials guidance – Making your mark
Here you will find best practice guidance and example materials for using when designing voter materials, including ballot papers, guidance notices in polling stations and polling booths, postal voting materials and bilingual materials.
- Making your mark: design guidance for electoral administrators (PDF)
- Making your mark: design guidance for government policy-makers (PDF)
- Making your mark: project summary (PDF)
Guidance by section
Postal voting quick start guides
Postal voting statements
|Example postal voting statement - GB English A4 (PDF)|
|Example postal voting statement - GB bilingual A4 (PDF)|
|Example declaration of identity Northern Ireland - English A4 (PDF)|
Order hard copies and download images
Order hard copies
You can order hard copies of our 'Register to vote' leaflet and our service voters registration pack completely free. Phone our orderline on 0845 8500 501, or order materials by email.
We also have a selection of images that you can use, which are available on our flickr site.