Resources for media
This page provides a range of resources that we have produced for use by the media.
Count timings for elections in May 2017
We have collected information on the timing of the verification count from all Local Authorities in Wales which we hope you will find useful in planning your coverage of the local elections on 4 May 2017.
Media background briefings
Previous poll handbooks
May 2016 polls
- Media handbook: National Assembly for Wales and Police & Crime Commissioner elections (PDF)
- Media handbook: Scottish Parliament election (PDF)
- Media handbook: Police & Crime Commissioner and Local Government elections in England (PDF)
- Media handbook: London Mayoral and London Assembly elections (PDF)
- Media handbook: Northern Ireland Assembly elections (PDF)
UK Parliamentary General Election 2015 (UKPGE)
- Media handbook: UK Parliamentary General Election 2015 (PDF)
- Media handbook: UK Parliamentary General Election 2015 (Northern Ireland) (PDF)
Independence Referendum for Scotland 2014
European Parliamentary Election 2014
- Media handbook: European Parliamentary election 2014 (PDF)
- Media handbook: European Parliamentary and local council elections in Northern Ireland (PDF)
Referendum on the voting system for the UK Parliament 2011
Images to download
We have a selection of images that can be used by the press, which are available on our flickr site.
These images are protected by copyright. They are available free of charge but must be credited to the Electoral Commission.
The images must not be used for any party political purpose.
Please email the press team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.