Resources for media
This page provides a range of resources that we have produced for use by the media.
Local elections on 2 May 2013
Below are a number of briefings issued to the media to provide more detail on the local elections that took place on Thursday 2 May 2013.
- Media briefing 1: Who's who and timetable for the elections (PDF)
- Media briefing 2: Standing for election and candidates' responsibilities (PDF)
- Media briefing 3: Campaign spending at the local elections 2013 (PDF)
- Media briefing 4: Registering and absent voting (PDF)
- Media briefing 5: Preventing and detecting electoral fraud (PDF)
- Media briefing 6: Polling day and counting the votes (PDF)
We produce media handbooks for journalists with useful information about upcoming elections referendums.
Police and Crime Commissioner elections on 15 November 2012
- Media briefing: Police and Crime Commissioner elections 2012 (PDF)
- Briff i’r cyfryngau: Etholiadau Comisiynwyr yr Heddlu a Throseddu 2012 (PDF)
- Media handbook: Police and Crime Commissioner elections 2012 (PDF)
- Llawlyfr y cyfryngau: Etholiadau Comisiynwyr yr Heddlu a Throseddu 2012 (PDF)
You may also find our handbooks for previous polls useful:
Handbooks for May 2012 polls
- Media handbook: Mayor of London and London Assembly 2012 (PDF)
- Media handbook: Local government elections and mayoral referendums in England 2012 (PDF)
- Media handbook: Local government elections in Scotland 2012 (PDF)
- Media handbook: Local government elections in Wales 2012 (PDF)
- Llawlyfr y cyfryngau Etholiadau llywodraeth leol yng Nghymru ar 3 Mai 2012 (PDF)
Handbooks for previous polls
- Media handbook: UK general election 2010 (PDF)
- Media handbook: Referendum on the voting system for the UK Parliament (PDF) (English)
- Llawlyfr i’r Cyfryngau: Refferendwm ar y system bleidleisio i Senedd y DU (PDF) (Welsh)
Images to download
We have a selection of images that can be used by the press, which are available on our flickr site.
These images are protected by copyright and they cannot be used or made available to the public in digital form without written consent. The images must not be used for any party political purpose.
To obtain permission to use any of these images please download and return the permission form below to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Media Relations Team on 020 7271 0704.