Previous UK general elections
On this page, you will find:
- links to detailed results of UK general elections
- public awareness work we carried about ahead of previous polls
- UK general election guidance for electoral administrators
Reporting on UK general elections
Following elections we publish reports on how the elections were run.
- Read our report on how the 2015 UK general election was run (PDF)
- Read our report on how the 2010 UK general election was run (PDF)
Regulation of election campaign spending and donations
After an election, we publish data and reports about spending and donations reported by campaigners.
- Political finance regulation at the June 2017 UK general election (PDF)
- Read our report on campaign spending for the 2015 UK general election (PDF)
- Read our report on campaign spending for the 2010 UK general election (PDF)
Information for voters
For the 2015 general election, our campaign aimed to encourage all eligible people to register to vote in time for the elections.
The central theme of the campaign was "Nobody likes to be told we can't do something. It's the same for the General Election. If you aren't registered, you can't vote. Your vote matters, make sure you’re in."
Information for electoral administrators
Before a UK general election, we produce guidance for those running the election. This guidance includes what to do before the poll, how to verify the count and what to do following the declaration of the result.Find our most recent UK general election guidance on our UK Parliamentary election page