Guidance: Other regulated individuals and organisations

Access the guidance

You can access the guidance by clicking the button below. Use the filter to narrow down your search to the type of guidance you need. You can also use the keyword search option to help you find something specific.

Donations and loans to other individuals and organisations

Certain types of organisation and individual must follow rules on donations they receive and loans they enter into. These rules are set out in legislation.

We create guidance to help you comply with the rules. You do not have to follow this guidance, but if you do, you will normally be doing enough to comply with the law.

Search donations and loans to individuals and organisations we regulate on our online database


Regulated donees

Some people and organisations engaged in politics are called regulated donees. These are:

  • Holders of some elective offices
  • Members of political parties
  • Groups of party members (also known as members associations) 

Unincorporated associations

We regulate the finances of unincorporated associations making political contributions of more than £37,270 during a calendar year. 

Unincorporated associations guidance