The annual canvass is currently underway in England, Wales and Scotland, and we've developed some resources to help you promote the canvass in your area.
You can download template press releases, social media images and template social messages.
Template press release
These are template social media posts for you to use to raise awareness of the annual canvass in your area. Feel free to make changes to these posts, and adapt them so they suit the needs of your residents.
These social media graphics have been designed so you’re able to add your local authority logo alongside our logo, as shown in this example.
If you have any questions about using the social media graphics or these template posts, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- You’ll be receiving a letter/email soon asking if your household's details on the electoral register are correct. All you need to do is follow the instructions, and you'll be ready to have your say in upcoming elections.
- We’re getting in touch with every household to check we've got the right information on the electoral register. Please follow the instructions, so you'll be ready to vote in upcoming elections.
- Had a letter/email from us asking about your details on the electoral register? We're checking the register is up to date.
Follow the instructions and get back to us as soon as you can, so you're ready to vote in upcoming elections.
- Every year, we check the electoral register is up to date so that everyone who has the right to vote in upcoming elections can have their say.
We’ll be sending letters/emails soon, asking you to check your details. Just follow the steps on the letter/email.
- We’re contacting all households to make sure that the electoral register is up to date.
When you receive your letter/email, just follow the instructions so we know you’re registered and ready to vote.
- Received a letter/email from us about the electoral register? Every year, we check that everyone who is eligible to vote in our area is registered. Follow the instructions so we can check our records are up to date.
- Received a message from us about your details of the electoral register and not sure what to do next?
Our elections team are happy to help. You can give them a call on <phone number> or fill out our form [LINK]
- Every year, we check the electoral register is up to date. We’re almost done for this year, and are doing our final checks.
A member of our team may call to ask for these details. Please help them with their work or follow the instructions in letters/emails to let us know your details are correct.
- Electoral administrator