Forms you will need from the initial application to register your party

As a registered political party you have a number of statutory reporting requirements. This page provides all of the forms you will need from the initial application to register your party, through all of your reporting requirements to de-registration of your party. 

PEF Online

PEF Online is our secure database where you can complete registrations and maintain your registered details. PEF Online also allows you to submit statutory donations and loans reports, statements of accounts and campaign spending returns electronically.

Login to PEF Online

Important update about our postal arrangements

Our London office at 3 Bunhill Row is undergoing refurbishment currently and is closed completely. All Commission staff at all of our offices are also working remotely under the current COVID-19 restrictions.

Until that work is completed, we cannot receive any correspondence or applications, or process any payments, sent to our London office. Please do not send anything to us by post. 

We urge strongly that applications and statutory returns are delivered either via our PEF Online system or scanned and emailed to only.

If you do not have access to our PEF Online system already then please write to us at the email address above making sure that you provide the following information:

  1. Your party’s unique RPP number. This is a security measure which ensures that we know that correspondence sent by you is genuine. This will have been issued when your party was first registered with us.
  2. The email addresses of all officers that need to be registered in the system.

If your party is unable to complete applications either electronically or online then please let us know in case we can make alternative arrangements. 

Please be aware, however, that relevant statutory deadlines are non-discretionary. We appreciate that it is difficult under current circumstances to complete administrative tasks on behalf of your party. This is why we are advising that parties use our PEF Online system in order to make applications.


Registering with us

This part covers:

forms for registering with us.

For more information on registering as a political party, see our Introduction: Registering as a political party:


Reporting campaign spending (GB and NI)

This part covers:

the forms you will need to report your campaign spending after an election. For more information on how to comply with the rules please see our guidance on campaign spending.